Senior Gameplay AI Engineer - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Gameplay AI Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As an AI engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world class PvE gameplay experience, unlocking the potential of our designers and artists to create compelling and exciting AI features that will keep players engaged for years to come. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the challenges involved with making AI experiences and be able to collaborate closely with other disciplines.
- Work with designers, artists and other engineers to bring AI characters to life
- Develop simple AI solutions to challenging AI problems within the performance constraints of real-time gameplay
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Mentor other engineers on the gameplay team
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Strong AI experience
- Advanced C++ programming skills
- 5+ years’ experience in game programming, including experience working on at least one AAA shipped title
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Advanced knowledge of game characters, including animation and physics
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Experience developing character animation, locomotion, or physics
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet
- Prior development working with client/server game systems