Platform Manager, Activision Blizzard Esports
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) is seeking a Platform Manager to oversee all social media and YouTube channels across the Overwatch League (OWL) and Call of Duty League (CDL). This includes crafting bespoke platform specific strategies, leading channel optimization efforts, developing programming calendars, and overseeing daily channel management across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more for both CDL and OWL. Additionally, this person will work closely with ABE’s Creator Relations and/or AOR to cultivate strategic co-creator and influencer activations. This person will also be responsible for internal and cross functional process setting, proactively leading alignment on strategy and facilitating content integrations cross departmentally, managing platform representatives and orchestrating collaborations achieving brand amplification, as well as vetting, onboarding, and managing agency and vendor partners supporting YouTube and social media efforts across CDL and OWL. This person will also manage a small team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with management in their background and experience in YouTube and Creator / Influencer strategies coupled with a deep knowledge of all social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more), though most importantly YouTube. She/he will also be fluent in esports, be a fan of the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League, and have a history of building passionate, fan-based communities through community engagement, Influencer campaigns, and strategic content distribution.
- YouTube and social media strategy development across OWL and CDL.
- Oversee optimization efforts of OWL and CDL YouTube pages.
- Oversee optimization efforts of OWL and CDL social media accounts.
- Manage agencies supporting influencers and YouTube.
- Oversee creation of programming calendars across OWL and CDL YouTube and social platforms.
- Lead the team operating OWL and CDL YouTube and social platforms, including overseeing distribution of content adhering to OWL and CDL’s programming calendar, brand appropriate community management, fulfilling requests from interdepartmental inputs with a keen eye on deadlines and embargoes, and more.
- Develop platform and content strategies for in season, post season, off season, and pre-season per league across YouTube and social media.
- Socialize platform and content strategies outwardly across interdepartmental stakeholders and develop one sheets, slides, and any accompanying documentation needed.
- Maintain regular integration with the COD / OW / AB social leads for collaboration and support opportunities.
- Maintain regular integration with the CDL / OWL / COD / OW marketing team for alignment around key marketing initiatives.
- Manage broadly the look ahead content calendar aligning cross-departmentally (sponsorships, marketing, broadcast, PR).
- Maintain communication with all OWL and CDL team social leads for amplification and collaboration opportunities.
- Regularly liaise with platform representatives to integrate social plans around tentpole events and key marketing beats for collaboration and support opportunities (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more).
- Contribute to content ideas and brainstorms for all initiatives and bring subject matter expertise, platform best practices, and community feedback.
- Provide performance feedback and community insights through collaboration with our Global Insights team and vendor partners.
- Cross departmental consulting for social media and YouTube channels (e.g. CPG / Sponsorships / Marketing / PR / Broadcast / League opps / etc.). Help craft campaigns with other departments supporting how to accomplish their goals and the best ways to.
- 3+ years experience overseeing social media accounts (YouTube included) in the gaming and/or esports space.
- 1+ years management experience overseeing a small team.
- Experience developing influencer campaigns and activations.
- Experience managing and working with agency and vendor partners.
- Project management experience; the ability to organize and prioritize action items, follow ups, and multitask as needed.
- Expert on a variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Reddit a plus.
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate fan of esports, the Overwatch League, and Call of Duty League.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player in both taking and giving direction.
- Experience executing against brand and sponsorship campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Sprinklr and other management dashboards.
- Proficient in Wrike.
- Proficient in Airtable.
- Experience with DAM, MAM, and file sharing software.