Lead Game Producer, Content - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate Lead Game Producer to work on our exciting unannounced project alongside our content teams. As a Lead Game Producer, you will act as a champion for the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly value open-minded collaboration, direct feedback, and work in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. As a lead game producer on the team, you will have a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout all phases of development. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your deep content production experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers and produce a Blizzard-worthy game.
This candidate will be partnering extensively with our content teams, helping to guide the team through pipeline setup, content development, and managing external partners. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing AAA games with a deep understanding of content pipelines, and will be adept at facilitating cross-team development and collaboration. Our team is ripe with opportunities to take on, and this candidate must possess a desire to embrace new challenges and nurture a burgeoning and dynamic team culture.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure clear goals are outlined for milestones and realized during development.
- Partner with engineering, design, and art to scope and prioritize features, identify and resolve dependencies, and shepherd forward progress and uphold accountability.
- Partner with content personnel to plan and drive content development and pipeline creation.
- Act as a communication bridge between teams, ensuring the production of a unified experience with complimentary features/content and Blizzard quality polish.
- Create project roadmaps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones.
- Partner with team leads to define and drive new development processes, refine existing processes, and enable the team to work smarter as the team size scales over time.
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish.
- Evangelize project vision internally within team and externally with partner stakeholders.
- Lead weekly team meetings, milestone planning sessions, build reviews, playtests, brainstorms, feature kickoffs, and retrospectives.
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the team, providing suggestions and solutions for improvement when applicable.
- Serve as an ambassador of Blizzard core values and team values; "Leading Responsibly" in all interactions and activities.
- Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, game development methodologies, and emergent engine technology.
- 7+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in content production roles.
- Can champion and manage projects with multiple departmental dependencies towards completion in a timely manner.
- Strong content production aptitude and experience working with content personnel, e.g. designers and artists.
- Experience driving cross-team projects and collaborating with cross-team personnel.
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and production processes; mastery of project management frameworks.
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them.
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal.
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous.
- A deep passion for and knowledge of Blizzard's creative and game development process.
- Willingness and experience mentoring and directly managing others.
- A force for good; always acting in the team and game's best interest.
- Ability to flex leadership style to fit team needs.
- Large scale facilitation training and experience.
- Exposure to all aspects of game development from low-level engine development through high-level IP development.
- Experience wearing many hats in a startup-like environment.
- Experience with Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence.
- Resume which must include:
- A link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work.
- Cover Letter which must include: (Recommended)
- What role a Producer plays in game development?
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard?
- What your Production superpower is and why?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!