Game Design Internship
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2021. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
· Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers.
· Together we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
· If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
· Currently enrolled in a college or university
· Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2021 internship
· Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2021 – August 2021 or June 2021 – September 2021 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
· Authorized to work in the US
· Cover Letter
· Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant skills required
Level Design Intern, World of Warcraft
Our Level Designers are hybrid designers and artists. They sculpt and mold the terrain of Azeroth, placing and framing the amazing assets created by our art teams to bring our world to life. They are the fulcrum between art and design, forging our gameplay experiences at the ground level.
· Experience with sculpting 3D terrain in in-game engines. (Unreal, Lumberyard, etc)
· Strong fundamental art skills.
· Knowledge of World of Warcraft, and how we structure our zone experiences.
Quest Design Intern, World of Warcraft
Our Quest Designers are hybrid designers and tale tellers. They create memorable characters and stories, bringing them to life in the world of Azeroth working with Level Design, Narrative Design and more! You need to possess strong understanding of fun gameplay but also the ability to write memorable storylines that carry players through the gameplay.
· Experience working on Game Design projects in a team setting.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Experience working in a tool such as Unreal, Unity, or even the StarCraft editor.
· Strong knowledge of World of Warcraft and what makes our quests fun.
· Completed student or personal projects involving gameplay implementation, such as a quest in Skyrim.
Game Design Intern, Unannounced Project
The ideal candidate will help with the creation of a broad array of content. You should have a passion for mobile gaming, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity and an earnest desire to learn and grow as a designer.
· Conceptualize, design and implement game content, systems, and story
· Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, iterative team environment
· Work smartly and efficiently on a time sensitive release schedule
· Iterate and evolve designs based on player feedback
· Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality”
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.