Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptional art director to help us drive the artistic vision and development of an exciting unannounced project.
As a director, you will be a motivational catalyst for the art team. As an artist, you will help define the look of new characters, environments, and architecture for this ambitious project.
Are you the type to inspire others as a leader and as an artist? Do you have experience helping define and communicate a clear vision in a highly collaborative environment to a large art staff while building amazing worlds? Do you thrive when managing and mentoring creatives? Can you be a true partner to the engineering, production, design and audio teams? If you’re ready to add your skills to a close-knit community of elite artists, engineers, and designers whose singular goal is to make the most epic games ever, please read on . . .
Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Direct the art style for a new project at Blizzard, communicate a clear vision for that style, and direct a team of creatives to help execute that vision.
- Create concept paintings and other benchmark assets that establish quality expectations and inspire others.
- Provide day-to-day coaching and leadership for a team of artists, including career guidance, mentorship and overall culture development.
- Help tackle challenges in collaboration with the broader game team, including other artists, art leads, and design leads.
- Continue to grow and staff the art team with highly talented artists who share our team values and do great work.
- Collaborate with other art directors across the company to define and continue to develop Blizzard's unique visual style.
- Direct and support artists across multiple art sub-disciplines.
- Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure the team is healthy and strong.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience crafting video game art.
- At least five years of experience working on AAA games.
- You shine in a collaborative work culture, and truly enjoy working with others.
- The initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through.
- Extensive experience developing a unique and cohesive visual style in a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering clear and consistent visual feedback that elevates the art team’s work.
- A desire to work closely with game design to make sure the game's art improves the player experience.
- An ability and desire to explore a wide variety of ideas to push Blizzard’s art style.
- Real passion for first-person and third-person action games.
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard games.
- Cover letter (optional)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only digital artwork submissions such as website, blog or online album will be accepted
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!