Animation Editor - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Temp Animation Editor for its Blizzard Video team. Blizzard Video is the internal creative video and post-production arm of the Story & Franchise Development team. We exist to engage, inform and activate the global Blizzard community through the creation of epic video content.
Blizzard Video needs a dedicated video editor to focus on animated projects supporting a variety of our titles. This person must have strong professional editorial and visual storytelling experience, as well as outstanding communication skills. He / she must be highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Provide creative video editorial for a wide range of animated projects for internet release, working with a storyboards, animation, music, and sound effects to create works that excite, inform, and tell a story in support of our various IPs.
- Must be able to operate with varying degrees of supervision. Take ownership when needed, while remaining flexible to collaboration and iteration, working with a team of project leads and game team stakeholders.
- Facilitate content reviews with stakeholders and implement director notes.
- Ingest, organize and update footage; music and sound effects pulled from our library; locate archival assets necessary to support assignment objectives.
- Generate reviewable files, outputs for Sound, and work closely with the assistant editors to hand off master sequences for final processing and delivery.
- 3-5 years professional editorial experience with an emphasis in animation.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Good sense of timing, pacing, sound design and controlling story flow through editing- including a demonstrable understanding of good composition, screen direction and continuity.
- Experience interfacing with departments and artists outside of post-production (e.g. Sound, Storyboarding, Writing, etc.).
- Knowledge of current post-production industry-standard workflows and archival organization.
- Familiarity with gaming culture and an interest in video games.
- Familiarity with Blizzard’s game worlds and the stories told within them.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and quick turnover while working with different collaborators on multiple projects.
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Familiarity advanced video compression techniques and associated software packages.
- Compositing and 2D effects (Adobe After Effects).
- Animation/3D Title Creation/Storyboarding/or other related skill.
Required Application Materials
- Demo reel or links to work samples.
Job Status: Temporary
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.