Activision Blizzard, Inc., is the world's most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. Our portfolio includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment, developed by the incredibly talented teams at Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment and King Digital Entertainment.
We’re proud to have been named one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®" in 2019 and our 9,000+ employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media and technology.
The Global Partner Development group within Activision Blizzard Esports is the center of commercial sponsorships for our esport opportunities (e.g. Overwatch League and Call of Duty League) our live events (BlizzCon) and all of Blizzard’s current and future game IP. The opportunity we offer partner brands is to connect with a highly engaged yet elusive millennial fan base that is educated, tech savvy and social.
We are seeking an experienced Account Executive to join our Global Partner Development team. This individual will play a critical role in developing, selling and managing successful IP anchored partnerships. We are looking for driven, motivated and eager salespeople ready to prospect, present, collaborate and negotiate global esport, game and live event partnerships.
As a member of our team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced colleagues to help continue building upon our history of success.
- Identify brands, establish, and maintain relationships with key decision makers (client direct, agency representatives, etc.)
- Be entrepreneurial in nature to prospect new clients & categories and generate leads
- Effectively implement critical thinking and marketplace knowledge to evaluate optimal partnership structure across target responsibilities to achieve both short-term and long-term goals
- Meet revenue targets by converting prospects to partners and executing
- Lead contract negotiations and execution directly with client and in collaboration with internal legal department
- Have a working knowledge of Activision Blizzard’s games and the esport ecosystems that exist for each
- Maintain active knowledge of the esports, gaming, traditional sports, and advertising/media marketplaces overall
- Strategize and collaborte with brand partners, their agencies, and internal stakeholders to create fully integrated marketing programs that meet client and company goals
- Work and communicate effectively across a highly matrixed organization
- Organize and participate in client brainstorming sessions; identify solutions when faced with opportunities and challenges
- Pitch/present effectively in-person, on the phone, and via video conference
- Clearly articulate value positions and present integrated marketing programs to clients
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while representing those relationships and reporting on them with executives, interdepartmental teams, and external clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in sponsorship, business development, advertising, or related fields
- Established working knowledge of esports and gaming is preferable
- Consistent track record of achievement in maximizing sales sponsorship revenue and profitability across multiple products and offerings
- Highly developed client management skills
- Strong sales and presentation abilities
- Capacity for creative and innovative thinking for successful brand marketing
- Leader and self-starter with the ability to manage time, prioritize work within a team
- Willingness to travel often including cross country travel and on occasionally on weekends