Bethesda Softworks is looking for a SOC manager who will work closely with our Studios and partners to develop and maintain our 24/7 Security Operations Center. In this role You are first a leader, then a manager and an analyst/engineer. You are motivated by solving challenging problems with simple solutions and you get satisfaction from helping others. Your dedication and high standards translate to impressive results and attract like-minded people. Your ability to build and maintain relationships with partners will be central to your success building out the processes, policies, and procedures that keep our games and data secure.
- Lead and manage a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center providing technical oversight.
- Lead staff to proactively identify, prevent and respond to security incidents.
- Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation, and monitoring.
- Establish operational foundations, defining SLAs, metrics, and KPIs to drive governance, quality, and efficiency. Influence and mature processes through innovation and operational change.
- Coach, mentor and provide real-time, meaningful, and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Inspire and promote creativity and innovation while managing missteps and mistakes as opportunities to grow and learn.
- Ensure compliance to Service Level Agreements (SLA), process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives and mitigate threats.
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current operational activities; review policies and recommend changes to improve governance.
- Responsible for team management, personnel scheduling, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center.
- Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring.
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to client.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with partner teams across the organization.
- Serve as an escalation point for 24/7 operational support.
- Strong knowledge of incident management, problem management and change management best practices.
- Superior communication skills and ability to brief senior management and C-level executives.
- Functional knowledge of Firewalls, Switches/Routers, and Network/System Intrusion Detection or Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Prior experience as a Systems/Network Administrator, Cybersecurity Command Center Analyst, Security Analyst, Incident Response Analyst.
- Solid understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, threat intelligence, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, end-point detection and response technologies and anti-malware solutions.
- 5+ years of Information Security / Cybersecurity experience.
- 3+ years working in a security or network operations center.
- 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Experience networking and telecommunications integration, design and architecture.
- Hold at least one relevant industry certifications (GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.).
- Understanding of SIEM tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, RSA, McAfee ePO, etc.
- Experience with ITIL best practices for change management and continuous improvement.
- Experience building and maintaining a high-performance team of analysts.
- Expertise with industry standard frameworks (ISO, NIST, PCI).
- Experience maintaining metrics and SLAs.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.