Global video game publisher/developer headquartered in Rockville, MD, seeks a Producer to join the Enterprise Business Intelligence team at its Hunt Valley, MD location.
This mid-level role reports to the Senior Producer, Business Intelligence and will work with the onsite Enterprise BI analytics and engineering teams to manage the execution of BI reporting for Zenimax Online Studios titles. The Producer will work closely with studio stakeholders and project team members to define project scope, set levels of effort, and actively monitor and report on project progress. The Producer will create and deliver status reports, identify project delivery risks, facilitate prioritization, and communicate with key stakeholders to ensure they are properly informed.
The incumbent will have at least 3 years of experience partnering with both technical and business teams running product delivery and project management functions for short-term and long-term projects.
- At least 3 years of experience managing short-term and long-term projects in business intelligence, software development, or technology implementation; experience in both agile and waterfall, with an understanding of the pros and cons of each, is desired.
- Success managing project activities for organizations larger than 10 people, located in 3 or more geographic locations
- Thorough understanding of requirements gathering and scope definition processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of an organization
- Fundamental understanding of project risk management
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects of varying sizes under deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree
- Develops the feature roadmap for delivering successful business intelligence results in collaboration with studio stakeholders, data analysts, and engineers
- Facilitates prioritization of work and helps ensure that team members maintain a balance of work
- Builds and maintains relationships with key studio stakeholders and business partners.
- Supports the Senior Producer, Business Intelligence by assessing BI project delivery processes and makes recommendations to increase efficiency and value
- Writes weekly project status reports
- Leads team project meetings
- May be assigned other project work, as needed, including internal BI projects as well as BI projects with other studios.
- May occasionally be required to work onsite at the Rockville, MD office, as needed.
- Project management experience organizing engineering teams
- Experience working with teams that develop using C, Java, and Scala development languages
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with JIRA
- A personal interest in video gaming