Bethesda Game Studios is looking for a talented experienced AI Programmer to join our team that is pushing the bleeding-edge AAA game development for PC and Consoles. In this role, the AI Programmer will develop AI and related technology for the game industry’s most advanced engine technology.
- Partner with engineering, design and art teams to define, create and polish AI systems and behaviors;
- Partner with design and art teams to design, implement, and polish AI unit types;
- Partner with design team to define and create test maps;
- Develop support for tools necessary to support advanced AI development.
- 5+ years in the games industry;
- Proficient C++ coding experience;
- At least one shipped title where credited as a programmer;
- Solid background in low-level AI modules, navigation, collision, physics and performance with the ability to work on systems from conception to completion;
- Knowledge of AI techniques such as FSM’s, path finding, animation, collision and physics;
- Experience bringing AI units from concept to completion;
- Experience implementing AI related content;
- Experience creating custom test maps and level scripts;
- Strong commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures;
- Excellent math skills;
- Excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude;
- Passion for game development and game technology;
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.