Behaviour Interactive, one of North America’s largest independent game developers and publishers, was founded in 1992. The company boasts over 600 employees in its Montreal studio and more than 200 million downloads. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands including Activision, Bombardier, La Capitale, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more. For more information visit: bhvr.com. Job Description
- Creating and integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating and integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating and integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating and integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximise performance;
- Creating and integrating sky domes/boxes;
- Creating and managing all postprocesses;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between desing/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- Understanding of particle systems;
- Understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX and animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.