Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Creative Marketing to guide and grow our in-house creative marketing team to new heights.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Creative Marketing leads three critical functions: strategy, development, and production of inspired creative output. You will use your creative acumen and well-honed management skills to deliver best-in-class marketing assets for Behaviour’s PC, console and mobile titles, while building your team and driving continuous process improvement.
Importantly, the Head of Creative Marketing leads a team that creates campaigns and assets for both brand and performance marketing, supported by a multimillion-dollar annual budget.Job Description
- Oversee the development of all marketing creative for PC, console and mobile titles
- Recruit, manage, and retain exceptional talent in 2D, 3D and video production, art direction, and campaign concepting and execution
- Drive creative development for acquisition and retention campaigns across a wide variety of marketing channels (mobile, social, programmatic, TV, OOH, events, etc.) in partnership with both brand and performance marketers
- Embrace consumer insights, market research, and real-time data to deliver assets that resonate with the target audience and achieve performance goals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within Marketing to deliver high-quality work while ensuring brand alignment and performance
- Identify and exploit new tools and techniques, including automation and programmatic technology, in response to ever-expanding requests for effective ad units
- Participate in the selection of external creative agencies, providing input on capabilities, cost, and contract terms
- Develop and maintain brand style-guides for each title to ensure deliverables from internal and external sources achieve a high level of fidelity and consistency
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of internal creative processes, including the development of production pipelines, playbooks and best practices
- Identify, evaluate, and select appropriate vendors, tools, and software
- Act as a mentor and resource for the entire Creative Marketing team in the development of a strategic, goal-oriented and practical approach to their work
- 10+ years of direct-to-consumer Creative Advertising experience
- 4+ years leading an internal creative team/department
- 2+ years of total professional experience in mobile advertising preferred
- Experience building out Creative and Brand teams of 20+ individual contributors and managers
- Experience bridging the gap between performance marketing and brand marketing
- BA or Advanced degree from leading institution preferred
- Track record of meeting and exceeding individual and team goals
- Excellent creative, quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
Personal Attributes and Values
- Deep leadership experience and demonstrated ability to guide, develop and retain a growing team, set goals, delegate responsibilities, hold teams accountable for outcomes, and provide thoughtful, learning-oriented feedback
- Works diligently to build consensus, but is unafraid to embrace healthy conflict based on a foundation of trust in order to reach the best possible outcomes
- Capable of handling difficult conversations; does not defer them unduly, and can teach others how to do the same
- Decisive, value-based approach to resource investment and departmental planning
- Pragmatic visionary who not only dreams but executes on transformational ideas
- World-class communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels of the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.