Systemic Reaction and Expansive Worlds are looking for an experienced Localization Manager to support the divisions in crafting cutting-edge game worlds for titles. In this role, you will be responsible for setting up key methods, materials and workflows for localization coordinators, and to help streamline our best practices.
- Act as the team lead for Localization Coordinators across both Expansive Worlds and Systemic Reaction
- Coordinate the schedules of Localization Coordinators between projects
- Work with Lead Producer on project during pre-production to: evaluate timelines, develop process for the project, budget and quality compromises, and finally assignment of a Lead Localization Coordinator to work long-term with the game team
- Set up key methods, material and workflow for Localization Coordinators for streamlined best practices
- Creating cross-project documentation (eg Onboarding, The Standardisation of some Workflows) and sharing documents between teams
- Manage scrum team of Localization Coordinators to help ease in handovers and backups between projects
- Makes decision to have the project’s backup or understudy be brought in in case of staff illness or vacation
- Terminology consistency between projects and marketing (glossary for projects)
- Point of contact for any marketing/PR localization
- Point of contact for Division management, Release Management for high-level and longer-term issues
- It is not expected for this role to long term be a Localization Coordinator, but they are expected to step in in case of emergency with Localization Coordinators absence.
- 5+ years of localization management, or project management, experience
- Experience leading a localization team on at least one project
- Experience with vendor evaluation
- Experience in localization pipelines, and experience with a variety of software packages including CAT Tools, Translation Memories
- Complete understanding of game production process, end to end
- Comprehensive experience working directly with localization studios and independent vendors
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused
- Experience creating style guides, localization kits and briefs to be used by internal developers and external vendors
- Developed people and communication skills, able to work with a range of stakeholders
- Team player able to work with and without direction
- Proficiency in at least one language other than English or Swedish
- Advanced user of Google Documents, Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and handle large amounts of text strings and dialogue
- Copytext editing/proofreading experience
We can offer you a varied job where you work closely with an experienced team with extremely competent people in a highly specialized and unique development environment. Since Avalanche Studios Group is Sweden’s biggest independent studio you will have unique possibilities to have a big influence on today’s and tomorrow’s game development as the Divisions mature.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.