Arkane Studios is looking for a knowledgeable and passionate Online Engineer (Mid-Level or Senior) to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and consoles. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of online video game technology.
- Architect and implement new online features as needed by our titles
- Maintain and debug our current online systems
- Integrate exposed backend service communication APIs into game client and servers
- 3+ years game industry programming experience
- Previous networking or online feature work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Strong knowledge of C++ and online communication
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- Demonstrate a desire to continually learn and hone skills
- Must be able to self-manage while taking responsibility of tasks and time
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Passion for video games or gaming
- Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Unreal Engine 4 network experience
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.