Arkane Austin is looking for a Lead Online Engineer to join us and lead our online technology group as we experiment with new types of immersive sim gameplay.
- Report to the Director of Engineering and manage a small team of engineers whose responsibilities include the design, implementation and management of game client and server replication logic and communication, as well as a small self-directed team of backend engineers.
- Manage design and implementation of client/server technologies and systems, including suggesting improvements and new systems that could benefit our titles.
- Work closely with Gameplay and Design teams to ensure the backend technology is solving the needs of our titles.
- Work closely with other members of the team and set priorities
- Contribute as an active member of the Online team
- 5+ years of experience working in online games
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++ including reviewing modern C++ code
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with source control (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Strong coding, algorithm design, debugging skills
- Excellent delegation skills and ability to empower others on the team
- Ability to accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer or higher managing a team of engineers.
- Experience with multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Unreal Engine 4 network experience
- Experience working in Linux environments
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.