Amazon Game Studios in San Diego is looking for an exceptionally artistic and technical World Artist. In this role, you will help to inspire and drive the visual elements and pipelines for the worlds we are creating. The ability to translate artistic vision into game art that performs at high frame rates and a bias towards in game results is key.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
In this role you will be working closely with a seasoned team of game developers where you can continue to grow and share your game development experience. We are looking for Artists who can communicate effectively, problem solve, and raise the project’s technical and visual standards daily.
· Compose, layout and build world assets with a focus on terrain, structures, and set pieces.
· Translate 2D concepts and reference material into high quality 3D assets.
· Develop techniques to increase productivity and quality of environment related assets.
· Create and establish efficient workflows for visual development and game engine requirements.
· Create a variety of assets including high and low polygon models to game engine specifications.
· Optimize levels to achieve game requirements for streaming and frame rate.
· Surface a variety of assets from complex to simple while utilizing material and texture tools.
· 2+ titles shipped as a World Artist, or environment technical Artist focusing on world building.
· 4+ years modeling, sculpting, and surfacing using related 2D/3D applications.
· Portfolio demonstrating content and pipeline creation related to worlds.
· Collaborate with multidisciplinary team mates to make gameplay in our worlds function.
· Self-motivated and results oriented with excellent communication skills.
· A passion for creating and composing immersive worlds
· Strong foundational skills including composition, design, and color theory
· Expertise using modern game engines
· Must have the ability to take and give constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude
· Maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints
· Degree in related field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.