At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, and AWS to shape the future of games.
We are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to join our team of artists, designers, programmers and other creatives. The VFX Artist implements, under supervision, video game special effects in accordance with a project’s artistic direction and production deadlines. The ideal candidate should have strong artistic skills, and an understanding of the technical constraints on the target platforms. You must have a knack for transforming ideas into fluid animations and rich effects. A high degree of familiarity with industry standard tools is a must and a strong portfolio is preferred.
· Create, manage and optimize VFX assets with supervision to complete assets by scheduled deadlines.
· Collaborate with artists, designers, programmers and animators to iterate, polish and deliver projects
· Understands simple and complex VFX asset creation
· Create VFX with various methods and implement them without concepts
· Ensures that VFX are optimized in accordance with the approved game style and technical requirements constraints.
· Cultivate an organized and disciplined workflow
· Works with the lead to create a plan and schedule
· Provides self-assessment on how to improve own performance.
· Works within the technical limitations of the game engine.
· Creates and maintains workflow documentation for your team's content
· Shares artistic knowledge with artists, and supports them when needed
· 5+ years professional experience with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or equivalent experience in related field
· Online Portfolio demonstrating ability to create VFX and implement for real-time game engine.
· High level communication skills to collaborate with artists, designers, programmers, and QA.
· Experience using game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine)
· Experience with 3D software (Autodesk, Blender, SketchUp, ZBrush)
· Experience with animation software (Adobe After Effects, Maya/Max, Blender, DigiCel FlipBook, Toon Boom)
· Experience using image manipulation software (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP)
· Experience with Lumberyard, PopcornFX, Cascade/Niagara, or Unity’s Particle Editor
· Experience with Houdini (Fire and smoke sims)
· Ability to concept/storyboard VFX ideas
· Ability to create flipbook texture sequences
· Demonstrate basic understanding color theory, lighting, modeling and UV texturing of a 3D object.
· Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas into compelling effects
· Ability to accept feedback and implement suggestions
· Experience and knowledge of animation principles
· A high level of comfort with scripting tools
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us