This role is based in Culver City, CA.
Amazon Studios is the content development and production arm of Amazon.com. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Creative Engineering team works with Amazon Studios customers to develop efficient, end-to-end workflows from production through asset servicing. This includes software to centralize, organize, and optimize the description, storage, packaging, distribution and retrieval of studio media for productions across the globe. We are looking for a talented and passionate UX Designer with a track record working directly with customers to design, iterate, and deliver clear and efficient user experiences for large scale, media-centered projects.
The UX Designer will work directly with customers, and in close partnership with Product Managers, Front End Engineers, and Designers to design world-class media-centric UX and UI designs. You will understand customer needs and develop user experiences across media management, data management, and workflow management platforms across the Amazon Studios content lifecycle. You are a natural story teller with a profound understanding of hands-on design and technology, and balance functionality with form. Prior experience in studios, advertising, or media environments is preferred.
· Capture customer needs and document, analyze, and design solutions that meet their requirements and goals.
· Quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups throughout the design process
· Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications
· Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership
· Collaborate with designers in Studio Technology on branding and common UX systems design
· Proactively mentor and develop other Designers
· 5+ years of design experience
· An available online portfolio
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer (or similar role)
· A portfolio demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and GUI design expertise.
· Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Axure, Framer, Invision, etc.
· Experience working with studio, media or marketing users and use cases
· Experience designing asset management or content management experiences
· Experience designing large scale, high profile customer experiences
· Familiarity with A/B, multivariate and other quantitative testing techniques
· Demonstrated ability in qualitative User Research techniques (e.g. usability studies, interviews, etc.)
· Successful track record working with business stakeholders as a design leader
· Experience creating production specs/assets, working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a rationale for design decisions to senior leadership
· Demonstrated understanding of end to end customer journeys
· Demonstrated understanding of the desired customer experience and business outcomes of their design as well as actual impact tracking