Amazon Games Studios is seeking an experienced UI Tech Artist to join the New World team in Irvine, CA. New World is an MMORPG with tons of existing features and new features in development, and we need someone to join our team who has the technical ability and artistic eye to implement what we call the 'skinning pass' on new UI screens. You'll be responsible for taking a functional UI screen or module, and ensuring it matches the approved visual mock-up 100% perfectly. You'll also implement animations, ensure good compliance with scripting best practices and good usage of common components where applicable.
The right person for this role will also be scrappy and have good input on designs, informed by a love of games and good customer-obsessed instincts.
· 6+ months working on AAA video games
· A portfolio showing functional software that you have personally created, for games, web, or apps
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent
· Basic familiarity with Photoshop and After Effects, in order to extract assets from approved mock-ups
· 2+ years experience using a scripting language to implement animations, art assets, and layout fine-tuning in live software
· Deep love for MMORPGs and an understanding of what makes MMO UI design unique
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.