Amazon Game Studios is seeking a UI Frontend Engineer to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This position will work with our UI/UX Designers and Artists to express the many social and gameplay features of our upcoming massively multiplayer Lord of the Rings game.
In this role you will be a part of nearly every player-facing feature in the game. Your work will unlock incredible creativity that brings players together, rewards them for their hard work, and motivates repeat play. You will also face the challenge of live game feature development where delighting customers is a constant occupation.
Who you'll be:
· A member of the UI / UX team working daily with the lead UI designer
· An owner of the game's UI framework, tools, and technology
What you’ll do:
· Implement the UI frontend for a wide array of MMO features in The Lord of the Rings
· Contribute to our UI framework and toolset so UX designers and artists can iterate at lighting fast pace
· Enable "super social" gameplay by integrating with Amazon's social backend services like GameLift and Twitch
· Contribute to optimizing and improving our codebase
· Support and communicate with members of the team to help in maintaining rapid and stable development
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 3+ years working in professional C++ codebases for multi-disciplinary teams
· 1+ years of feature development for a “live” game or game service
· A Passion for Video Games
· Experience with UI tools and UI prototyping
· Experience authoring core gameplay or engine systems
· One or more shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· Familiarity with Amazon Services, particularly Amazon GameLift and Twitch APIs.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.