Amazon Games is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work with our Automation, Tooling and Insights (ATI) team. The ATI team empowers games teams and their studios with platform services, automated tools, and game analytics. You will work with a Software Development Manager and a team of developers, quality engineers, and data scientists to deliver common SDKs and tools for Amazon’s portfolio of online games and services.
As the technical program manager, you will co-develop the platform strategy for the organization, own the product roadmap for ATI, and curate effective team processes and mechanisms. You will have the freedom to innovate in the creation of new platform services, automation infrastructure, and game analytics. You will be able to influence development teams, quality assurance teams and exec management to ensure alignment between stakeholders. Your expertise in Program Management will help ensure that ATI services are thoughtfully designed, skillfully developed, well tested, broadly adopted and impactful to game development and quality assurance.
At Amazon we see gaming becoming one of the largest entertainment forms on Earth. Major advancements in computing and communications has fueled tremendous growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, content creators and game developers of all sizes. At Amazon Games, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support unique online games brought to life by our game studios. Join us and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology including AWS, Lumberyard, and Twitch to shape the future of gaming. Come work alongside talented industry veterans who love to create special gaming experiences for customers.
Who You Are
To be a successful candidate you need to be motivated by putting your customers first; you do not rest until the customer is happy. You need to enjoy working with teams to understand their needs and managing the creation of software to help them overcome challenges. You need to know how to apply technology to solve problems. You need to be willing to experiment to learn from both successes and mistakes. You clearly articulate scope, timeline, owners, risks, and identify roadblocks to drive the resolution of problems. You ensure the right information about the state of a project is delivered to the right audience at the right time. You are self-motivated, a constant learner, and always curious about how things work.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
· 2+ years of experience in technical program management for a medium to large sized organization
· 2+ years of experience managing software development life cycle for online services
· Passion for gaming in multiple genres and on multiple gaming platforms (PC, console, mobile, handheld)
· Experience with software development kit (SDK) or application programming interface (API) development
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Twitch, or equivalent cloud platforms and streaming services
· Expertise in sprint process, using JIRA and Confluence to manage stories and tasks and report progress
· Interests or experience with continuous integration, machine learning, data science or game analytics
· Creativity and initiative to continually improve effectiveness and quality, leveraging metrics to prove it
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.