Amazon Game Studios in San Diego is searching for a Technical Artist who is experienced delivering results across art disciplines, with an emphasis on environment art, rendering, performance profiling, procedural content generation and tool development.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
Our workplace is an environment where thoughts and ideas are welcomed and where problems are solved collectively and independently. The team is still growing and is staffed with friendly and experienced game developers. The title we are developing is an exciting concept that will push the boundaries of game play and environment visuals. At Amazon San Diego we are working and partnering with some amazing internal and external teams and have access to the best software and hardware.
· Proactively seek out pipeline improvements, workflows and technology issues.
· Collaborate and communicate daily with teammates creating content.
· Work with internal and external teams to create and problem solve art pipelines.
· Document best practices and standards to ensure workflows and pipelines are shared and understood.
· Collaborate with 3D Artists, Designers and Engineers to ensure high quality and performant art is delivered to match artistic and creative vision.
· Create scripts, tools, and plugins using industry standard scripting and programming languages.
· Research and explore systematic solutions that solve problems and enable efficient productivity.
· Provide technical support for a variety of art disciplines.
· Troubleshoot and solve problems for teammates to enable them to do their best work.
· 2+ years experience with Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard or other game engine
· 1+ titles shipped on console, PC or Mobile as a Technical Artist.
· Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of Technical Art
· Scripting with Python, MEL, HLSL, C#, C++, etc.
· Procedural content generation using Houdini or similar software.
· Experience creating either node based or HLSL shaders.
· A passion for creating and developing best in class workflows and processes.
· Experience with rendering and performance best practices for real-time games.
· Stays up to date with trends, software, and technology
· Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to clearly articulate, demo, and present technical projects to small and large groups that are internal and external.
· Ability to efficiently describe and translate improvement requests for new tools, pipelines, and processes as requested by team mates.
· Maintain a high level of quality while working with multiple teams that have timelines and dependencies.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.