Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed and build these next-generation games -- come join us.
We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a passionate technical product manager who stays abreast of innovations in the games industry and can use that knowledge to inspire big ideas and identify new business opportunities to accelerate customer success. An expert in data-driven product management and the experience to find new ways to validate a hypothesis when no direct data exists. We need a leader who thinks big, isn’t afraid of complex challenges, and moves with urgency and focus to drive key initiatives that positively impact our customers.
· Proactively understand game developers problems and incept large-scale ambitious projects that span multiple customers and segments.
· Define the vision, north star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
· Develop product strategies, roadmaps and tactical execution plans for solving customer problems.
· Understand growth levers and ensure execution is measured against those levers.
· Creates mechanisms that drive alignment and eliminate excess process.
· Ensure flow of communication in all directions including to management and key stakeholders.
· Drive strategic communication both internally and externally.
· Drive service awareness, adoption and partner with account teams to close opportunities.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
· 5+ years of product engineering experience.
· 5+ years in product management experience.
· Experience designing, building and shipping Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), or Platform as a Service (PaaS) sold to and/or integrated by a technical customer.
· MBA or Master’s degree in a related field.
· Experience with gaming technologies.
· Deep knowledge of the core systems in one technology domain and/or broad understanding of systems/technologies in multiple domains.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age