Amazon Game Studios is currently looking for a talented Software Development Engineer for its Irvine studio. The successful candidate will perform design, administration and development for multiple production systems running on AWS.
Who you are:
· You will be responsible for fast-paced complex distributed systems supporting various game teams.
· You have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure.
What you'll do:
· Design and develop systems and services in conjunction with the game and application development teams
· Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimizations
· Maintain development, staging and production environments
· Monitor and maintain system security and configuration
· System & Application (game servers, app servers) performance tuning
· Root cause analysis of production-related issues
· On-call for production systems - daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and support of internal and external customers
· Experience managing servers in large-scale, geographically diverse environments
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or related field or equivalent work experience
· 3 years of professional experience with at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C++ or C# on UNIX/Linux or Windows platforms
· Experience developing on Amazon Web Services
· Working knowledge of C++ and Python.
· Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) and web application/services development
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
· Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
· Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, C#·
· 2 years IT troubleshooting/problem-solving experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age