Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive initiatives that highlight our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared toward making it a no-brainer for core gamers to join Amazon Prime. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
Twitch Prime’s Developer Experience team is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to build and support Twitch Prime and its partnering Game Developer integrations. As a SDE on Developer Experience, you will work closely with the team’s Product Manager, Technical Program Manager, and lead SDE to build and launch products that simplify integrations, scale their operations, and improve their stability. Your systems will help make it easier for game developers to use Twitch Prime and will ultimately help deliver more content to Twitch Prime customers.
The right candidate will:
· Design simple interface to solve complex enterprise facing problems
· Build scalable, reliable, and maintainable b2b services
· Seek out optimizations and automation opportunities
· Executes projects from scoping requirements through launch
· Support team members with mentorship and guidance
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· 2+ years of industry software development experience designing and developing software with least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++
· 4+ years of software development experience
· A proven track record in architecting and shipping innovative and highly-scalable cloud systems in an agile environment.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong knowledge of Java and professional experience using it
· Exceptional communication skills
· A proven track record of making good technical judgement
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.