Amazon GameLift is an AWS service for deploying, operating, and scaling session-based multiplayer game servers in the cloud. Our team helps games easily scale up from a small number of players to millions, in minutes.
GameLift has established itself as a trusted server hosting solution for some of the most innovative game developers around the world, and we are just getting started. We are looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver truly innovative technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. Our team consists of innovators, experts and veterans. If you are excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, come talk to us.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help design, implement and operate large scale game services on a fast schedule. In addition to being a strong coder in Java, this software engineer is expected to help bring up the code quality across the team by actively contributing to and improving design reviews, code reviews and the development process. If you have these traits and are excited about making a big impact in the game industry, we're looking for you!
Key responsibilities include:
· writing quality, reusable code for a highly scalable and reliable cloud based gaming service
· working closely with product and development management to architect the service
· being a driver for operational excellence by Insisting on the Highest Standards
· writing code that continuously improves service reliability and availability
· having fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
· Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.