Amazon is obsessed with our customers, and our customers are happiest when they’re playing video games. The Prime Gaming Customer Experience team delivers in-game loot, digital games included with Prime, and a Twitch channel subscription every month to Prime members. We’re building experiences that fundamentally shape and continuously improve the Prime experience for millions of gamers, and every day we learn more about what it is that makes people fall in love with video games.
We are looking for high-caliber, tested Senior UX Designer to tackle design challenges with strategic significance and high exposure. This role requires deep functional expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving complex user problems that will scale globally to millions of customers. As innovators, we embrace new technology, and in this role, you will be empowered to choose the right solutions to solve complex problems.
We are a team of gamers in a creative, fast paced, design environment situated between Amazon Prime, Twitch, and Amazon Games. This role gives the freedom and ownership of driving your own evidence-based design decisions which will directly impact the our growing global customer base's Prime member experience. We are highly collaborative and work closely with product managers, marketers, brand designers, and game developers to create end to end customer features for new and existing experiences.
We are looking for UX designers who are obsessed with customers and innately curious. An ability to write and execute your own usability testing is a huge plus. A team player mentality is a must. Our mantra is "Team work makes the dream work!"
Core responsibilities include:
· Lead our product design process - starting from early research and hypothesis, through defining requirements with Product, creating wireframes of user flows, and testing prototypes with actual customers. Invent new processes where there is a need.
· Contributes to the product discovery process and assist in validating core product ideas.
· Effectively design interaction and transitions, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, blue sky experiences.
· Work closely with PMs and also embed self in the development teams’ processes to stay ahead of reactionary design when possible.
· Utilizes lean user research methods. Can conduct and/or attend interviews, observation sessions, and remote user tests, and able to synthesize research findings to stakeholders.
· Adaptable design processes to fit the nature of the project need.
· All around team player - Collaborates with fellow designers, able to give and receive feedback gracefully. Growth mindset without room for ego.
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
· Experience creating services and applications with multiple user touch points on different platforms and devices.
· Experience with digital media, search, gaming, eCommerce, live streaming and other major application types and their UX patterns.
· Proficiency/ familiarity with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Principle, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Figma, etc.
· UX design expertise “at scale” (multiple international markets, supporting multiple customer types, and mobile & desktop device expertise)
· Experience as a lead across multi-disciplinary product teams.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and especially to senior executives.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
· Experience launching new features and products.
· Experience in or adjacent to the gaming industry is a plus but not a requirement.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.