Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed and build these next-generation games -- come join us.
We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they deliver and monetize their games. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale.
We're looking for an experienced UX designer who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the gaming industry. As a UX designer on our team, you will own and drive the user experience for one or more of the products and services that we're developing.
To be successful, you will apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user-centered experiences, with the creativity and judgment to translate vision into concepts and designs that illustrate simplicity despite underlying complexity or constraints. You will partner with product management, engineering, gamers, and game developers to successfully go from early stage concepts to live products and services.
· 5+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user interface designer, or similar role with a high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning product.
· Bachelor’s degree in product/interaction design, human factors, graphic design or related field.
· A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user-centered design, a gifted eye for aesthetics, and a thought process to rapidly generate creative ideas.
· Ability to distill complex concepts and then quickly turn around rigorous flows and design concepts (e.g., sketches, wireframes, mockups) reflecting a range of simple, elegant, and technically-feasible options
· Experience working with engineers for implementation of designs and transfer of visual assets.
· Prototyping skills (Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Axure, HTML, etc.)
· Mastery in fundamental visual, typographic, and interaction design disciplines and principles.
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
· HTML/CSS scripting
· A love for helping customers of all types build without constraints
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.