Want to own a strategic business that drives the flywheel of growth for Prime Gaming?
Prime Gaming aspires to be the world's best video game subscription program. We are rapidly changing the landscape of how players connect with games, and how game developers connect with players. The Developer Experience team on Prime Gaming is responsible for enabling world-class game developers like Riot Games, Activision Blizzard, Tencent, and more to publish their exclusive gaming content in our program which is available to Amazon Prime members worldwide. We innovate on behalf of our game developer customers, providing them with services and solutions that make a lasting impact.
This Senior Leadership role is responsible for leading both product and software development teams in Seattle HQ who are critical for advancing our Developer Experience technology. Ultimately this role helps Prime Gaming reach a level of scale to support hundreds of game developers globally, across multiple gaming platforms. This role will own the vision and evolution of our Developer Experience initiatives, and drive their strategic execution for successful delivery.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in building or leading successful software teams and/or leading the Product effort for a highly technical product, is able to operate with autonomy at a remote site while staying connected and collaborating heavily across a variety of stakeholder teams, and enjoys ambiguity. You are a strong leader that can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a strong track record of delivering results in a quickly evolving landscape. You are able to clearly articulate a vision that inspires your teams and connect strategy to the impact made in a measurable way. Having the ability to deeply understand the technical and business details and be process-oriented is critical for success.
· 10+ years of relevant engineering and/or technical product leadership experience
· 5+ years of experience managing engineers, product managers and people managers
· 5 + years of experience in partnering with product, program and engineering management teams
· Enjoys ambiguity and change; creates frameworks to resolve challenges and prioritize
· Consistently exceeds goals in delivering high quality solutions
· Experience in large and distributed environments
· MBA or other advanced degree
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.