With Prime Gaming, Amazon Prime members enjoy tons of free, exclusive content for their favorite PC, console, and mobile games. Plus, they can claim a collection of PC games for free every month that are theirs to keep forever, and a monthly Twitch channel subscription. Prime Gaming’s selection of in-game content and free PC games is always growing and rotating to stay fresh, with new items and free games added every month.
Prime Gaming's Customer Experience team is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE III) to build customer-facing features and services. As a SDE III on Customer Experience, you will work closely with the team’s Product Manager, Technical Program Manager, Sr Management and lead SDEs to build and launch products that will delight customers.
Who you are:
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions, and work with top notch software developers, this might be the role for you. You are able to look at the big picture from both business and technology perspective, possess strong analytical, design, and problem solving skills, and enjoy working with data, algorithms, and gamers. You are not afraid of ambiguity, like thinking “outside the box”, and get excited about difficult challenges. You are a strong team player and motivated self-starter who thrives in an environment where flexibility is essential.
If you have the programming chops, the leadership skills and a passion for video games then this role is for you.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 2+ years of experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational/non-relational databases
· 2+ years of experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, software management, and product management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us