Digital Software And Video Games is on a mission to build the best place on earth for consumers to buy video games and software. We have set up a new team to build a next generation platform to support our goal of becoming the best possible connection between producers and consumers of digital software and video games content.
As the lead Software Engineer on this team, you will work on architecture and design of a platform for Digital Software & Video Games marketplace. You will dive deep into Amazon e-Commerce platform technologies like Catalog, Fulfillment, Fraud Detection systems etc. to understand their architecture and drive innovation & evolution in leveraging those technologies to support our use-cases. You will work on architecture and development of many new large-scale, mission critical services to extend the capabilities of the Amazon e-Commerce platform.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems.
· BS in Computer Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related fiel
· 6+ years relevant work experience in software development
· Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java (Preferred) or C#.
· Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including: data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns
· Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
· Experience using Amazon Web Services (Simple Queue Service, Simple Workflow Service, S3) highly desirable
· Advanced CS degree
· Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
· Deep knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java or C++.
· Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality