Prime Gaming, Amazon Prime's program for anyone who enjoys playing or watching games, needs a Principal Product Manager to raise the bar for how our customers discover our offerings. If you love games and can deliver excellent products, read on! Be a hero to the billions of game players worldwide by bringing them new waves of loot and fresh experiences. Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to deliver joy to Prime members through game content from upcoming and popular video games around the world.
Prime Gaming is looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Principal Product Manager - Technical. You will be joining the fast growing, quickly evolving Customer Experience team, so the ability to dive in and impact new product development is critical. To be successful in this opportunity, you will possess a strong product management and technical background and will have demonstrated experience delivering large projects with cross functional teams. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and resolve ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a leader, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance current and future business needs versus technical constraints.
Amazon is all in on games, and Prime Gaming is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime (recently rebranded Prime Gaming), launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime Gaming a home for all gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender, and nationality.
The leader in this role thrives in working at the intersection of art and science, and will be insatiably inquisitive about our customer experience and connect that experience with cutting-edge technical solutions to address customer-facing problems. You will be a strategic leader for the org, defining and managing product roadmaps in areas of high complexity, across one or more engineering teams. The role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, UX design and research, data science, applied science, program management, legal, and business development teams to deliver products that enhance Prime Gaming’s customer experience. Passion for the customer and their user experience is a key requirement, but setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you. All while having fun.
· Own the customer journey from where the customer discovers our offerings through landing them on a detail page to claim their loot - across all the surfaces Prime Gaming can be found on
· Define the customer journey strategy (including Search, Personalization) & success metrics, animating that vision for stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life
· Manage product roadmaps, ensure that they are prioritized appropriately
· Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
· Scaling programs globally, understanding and factoring in local customer preferences
· Present confidently to Amazon senior management
· 5+ years of product management, software engineering, or technology
· Experience with end to end product delivery, from idea creation/definition through launch
· Experience negotiating and guiding technology and strategy discussions with engineering teams
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
Looking for people with one or more of the following:
· Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· A proven track record of building new, innovative, and engaging customer experiences informed by customer data and anecdotes
· Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
· Experience working globally, for a global customer base
· Mobile experience (iOS, Android)
· Experience with machine learning technologies and statistics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.