This position can be located anywhere in the USA.
Amazon is all-in on games, and our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Games, we’re creating compelling games like New World, a sandbox MMO set on a supernatural continent in the 17th century, and The Lord of the Rings MMO, as well as several, as of yet, undisclosed titles. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team in bringing our live operations games to market and developing and growing business opportunities for Amazon.
As the Product Manager for a new IP, you will lead development of exciting features in the live operations product roadmap, drive key business metrics, and develop requirements for innovation that align with our business strategy. You will draw on your experiences managing complex businesses, solving technical challenges, and influencing key partner teams to drive initiatives to completion. You will be appreciated for your desire to quickly formulate plans supported by data that you can then execute across many work functions simultaneously. You will collaborate with peers who are customer centric, resourceful, and team oriented; if you enjoy an inclusive communication style, are comfortable thinking big about ambiguous problem sets (while paying careful attention to detail), and appreciate a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you are empowered to take ownership and deliver results, this role may be an ideal fit for you.
· Assist development teams with strategy, design, and execution of live-operations game content to include monetization, engagement, and retention systems
· Execute the building of live operations content
· Design and execute live-testing
· Use data to drive actionable insights pre and post release
· 4+ years live game product management
· 2+ major game titles released or managed ($25m+ revenue)
· 50+ live content releases
· 2+ years of game experience working with game design, core loops and monetization vectors
· 2+ years of game experience working analytic and economic analysis
· Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written) with audiences of varying technical abilities and business contexts
· Passionate gamer with an emphasis on user generated content games and communities\Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen
· SQL proficiency
· Effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules
· Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence remote teams in multiple time zones
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.