Want to help us redefine the future of all entertainment? We are seeking a Senior Economist in Prime Gaming! Come work directly with business leaders to deliver powerful data-driven insights that help us understand our customers and optimize our content by driving increasing value to customers at decreasing cost to our business.
This role allows you to influence the frontier of business development for Prime Gaming and will challenge you to master complex data sets, use econometric models to address complex problems, design and test hypotheses, and build automated decision-making systems. You will work at the intersection of Business Intelligence, Fraud Prevention, Content and Operations, Marketing, and Finance teams to collaborate cross-functionally with scientists, analysts, engineers, and product leaders.
An ideal candidate is an experienced, resourceful, and independent problem solver who can deploy scalable and sophisticated scientific solutions under tight time constraints. If you have these skills and are excited about making a big impact in the gaming industry, we are looking for you!
· Use the breadth of Amazon's available data to drive insights and recommendations for business leaders in growing the Prime Gaming business.
· Partner with senior leaders to identify opportunities to test hypotheses that can drive customer acquisition, engagement, or retention.
· Own the end-to-end execution of research projects from project planning, data ingestion, exploratory analysis, model development, and productionization in collaboration with a team of scientists, analysts, and engineers.
· Advocate for broader understanding of scientific methods and analysis within a fast-moving business organization
· PhD in Economics.
· Four or more years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research.
· Demonstrated record of developing high impact statistical or machine learning models.
· Strong ability to communicate scientific insights to senior business leaders.
· Proficiency in a software development language like C++, Java, Python, or Scala.
· Proficiency with a statistical modeling framework like R, Python, Matlab, Scala, or Spark.
· 6+ years of applied experience.
· Strong background in program evaluation methods and causal inference.
· Background with predictive modeling and forecasting methods.
· Proficiency in working with big data.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
Specialization in applied microeconomics, but time-series, behavioral, empirical IO, or generalists with broad applied econometric skills are also encouraged to apply.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.