Amazon Game Studios is looking for a creative, talented and collaborative Senior Animator to help bring personality and life to the characters of Crucible!
As a Senior Animator on the team you will work with multiple disciplines and the Animation lead to create memorable gameplay moments that will define our characters and delight our customers.
The ideal candidate for this role will help push the standards of quality for our team through the creation of high-quality animations, have the talent to work collaboratively across disciplines,be key in defining pipelines and new techniques as well as help in the overall cultural and creative growth of the team. You will be part of a hardworking and imaginative team that wants to continually push the quality of our animations and collectively grow together!
Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cut across age, gender and nationality. If you share our vision that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us.
· Work with Animation Lead & team to push quality of animated work through asset production and techniques to deliver AAA quality performances.
· Create and maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to bring all needed elements to a given character.
· Provide mentorship by providing clear and respectful feedback. Be active in critiques and reviews.
· Communicate with technical artists to help define and develop animation pipelines, tools and rigs.
· Keep Production and Art team leadership updated on milestone tasks and goals.
· Actively look at industry trends and evangelize them.
· Drive techniques and procedures that will help enhance our pipeline and improve the speed and quality of our animated assets.
· Create prototype animations that help push initial ideas and define character mechanics.
· Establish and document best practices.
· Shepard animations from creation to integration.
· Be the main owner of larger cross discipline systems.
· Drive brainstorm sessions that offer creative ideas to push character personality and performance as well as technical features.
· Contribute to team and studio culture.
· 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator
· 1+ shipped AAA title
· 5+ years professional exprience with Maya or other 3D Animation Software
· Animation Reel that demonstrates a strong grasp of animation principles applied to both bipeds and creatures with a sense of personality and imagination.
· Previous experience working within a motion capture pipeline.
· Experience collaborating and communicating with multiple disciplines, teammates and production.
· Strong working knowledge and understanding of game animation pipelines.
· Experience in setting up animation trees and blend systems.
· Ability to mentor animators through feedback and learning demonstrations.
· Additional skill in either illustration, modeling, rigging or 2D animation.
· Experience in facial animation and lip sync.
· Have an understanding of the current game landscape in terms of animation techniques and processes.
· Ability to prioritize and estimate given tasks.
· Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
· Experience in leading specific features and mechanics of a game or team.
· Passion for gameplay animations.
· Ability to problem solve independently.
· Have aided in the hiring and contributed to the growth of a team.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age