Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Quest Designer to join our team in sunny San Diego, CA. This designer will work with our Creative Director to tell gripping tales of a brand new scifi world, its history, and its peoples; building world settings, lore, in-game stories, and cinematics for Amazon’s new massively multiplayer game.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
A successful candidate will have a career history of creating memorable characters and story arcs in video games.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Ensure the world tells that story
· Mentor and collaborate with designers and artists to build Characters, Locations, Quests, and in-game Lore that tell coherent, emotionally resonant stories
· Thrive on ambiguity; deploy best practices for Narrative and Quest design
· Exercise pipelines and process to ensure quality and scope are met and maintained
· Maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming, art, and animation teams
· Work with the Creative Director, Producer, and Game Leads to communicate upward to senior stakeholders
· Pitch and prototype fun and exciting Quests and Activities for players
· Create and maintain Narrative and Quest design documentation
· Create NPC characters and implement them in game
· Influence the full Quest loop from conceptual design through final implementation
· Bachelor's degree in English, Fine Arts, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of professional experience as a Quest Designer, Writer, or related occupation.
· A portfolio that demonstrates process and capabilities in crafting compelling Quests, which includes published work.
· Experience creating stories and quests for role playing games.
· Able to accept and provide constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude.
· Independently self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
· Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of current commercial game titles and an avid RPG player
· Has been a key contributor from prototype to polish.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.