How can you disrupt the video games industry? Come join us to invent new ways to inspire game developers and delight gamers. Using Amazon's unique assets, we will change the gaming landscape!
Our team is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to take point in driving quality for our products’ retail web pages and associated technologies. You will work closely with leads from engineering, product, and user experience in order to understand the product requirements, design, and implementation as well as provide feedback on each of these (as early as possible and continuously) to expose gaps, identify risks, and advocate for the customer. You will facilitate bug triage meetings and provide key inputs to the launch schedule of new features or products.
You will create then maintain and improve the test plan for the overall product, including creating test plans for new features as they are developed. You will create then maintain and improve the test suite of test cases for the overall product. You will optimize existing processes, identify gaps, and create new processes to close those gaps. You will work with Software Development Engineers in Test to create and then improve, maintain, and expand the coverage of automated testing. You will manually verify areas under test that aren’t covered by automation or review the test runs executed by the manual test team. You will think creatively about how to break the software.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent knowledge via self-study or work experience of 3+ years)
· 5+ years QA experience
· Proficiency in STLC, test methodologies, and problem solving
· Experience in test planning and test execution
· Experience using test case management tools (e.g., TestRail)
· Experience using defect management tools (e.g., JIRA)
· Experience with testing web applications
· Familiarity with Windows environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 2+ years automated testing of retail web pages experience
· Experience with testing mobile applications
· Experience with testing back end services
· Experience with working closely with development and business teams
· Familiarity with MacOS environment
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us