At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We seek talented, passionate game developers to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
Amazon Games Orange County is looking for a talented and driven Producer that will maintain and uphold the core development technologies for our studio titles. This person will partner primarily with engineers to build the tools, technologies and cloud services that are foundational to the game experiences built on top of them. They will own weekly planning and multi-month schedules and initiatives; always looking for opportunities for process and organizational improvements that increase efficiency and raise quality. They will utilize their communication skills to effectively collaborate and influence their peers and executives resulting in the delight of the customers.
· Project manage a team of engineers creating game engine technology, server infrastructure and services, and development tools that allow our content teams to make amazing games.
· Fulfill the role of project manager for your team using task management software and scheduling techniques that are a blend of agile development methods.
· Partner with technical leads to maximize the productivity of their engineers while helping to inform and guide development towards helping our game development partners make cool stuff.
· Generate documentation, schedules, reports that help make reasonable and firm development commitments for the team, whilst over-delivering on expectations wherever possible.
· Obsess about the games our technology is fueling, and participate in quality control over development in area of ownership working with senior developers in all crafts.
· Partner with QA experts to ensure all issues are known and quickly resolved.
· 3+ years of professional experience in project management of game development, game server/cloud or licensed game development technology.
· At least one released game or licensed game technology SDK on which you were a primary contributor.
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with engineers, designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· PMP, PMI-ACP certification or Certified Scrum Master
· Experience managing teams working with videogame development engine level systems (rendering, audio, streaming, physics, etc) or cloud infrastructure/services or equivalent licensed game development technologies.
· Experience in managing the development of large scale game worlds and/or game world content creation tools
· Technical Program Management background (CS degree or equivalent engineering experience)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.