Amazon Game Studios is looking for a skilled and creative Lead Concept Artist on our exciting upcoming project Crucible. As Lead Concept Artist you will work with the Art Director and concept artists to create memorable environments and unique and compelling characters that exude personality and style. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, atmosphere and visual design to help create an iconic visual style. Your knowledge of environment and character design will provide the foundations which make our world engaging, inspirational and believable.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
· Providing timely & detailed feedback for concept art team and outsourcing vendors.
· Inspire and mentor team members with quality artwork and work ethic
· Obsessive about look development with a strong visual design process
· Ability to craft production drawings (turnarounds, layouts and isometric views) for characters, creatures, weapons and environments.
· Excellent visual storyteller creating detailed, inventive, and believable worlds
· Effective leader, collaborator, strong communicator, and problem solver able to coordinate with creative internal and external teams.
· 5+ years of professional experience as a concept artist
· Portfolio that demonstrates style range, creativity and craftsmanship
· Worked on 1+ AAA game in a Lead Concept Art role
· Exceptional traditional and digital art skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
· Works effectively across all game disciplines
· Able to accurately estimate the time to complete individual assets
· Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Strong passion for gaming!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.