At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join the New World team at Amazon Games, Orange County. New World is a Sandbox MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century.
As a Gameplay Engineer you’ll be responsible for implementing and supporting features related to quests, dungeons, world-building, settlements, and more. You will work with a team of designers and artists to bring New World’s lore and landscapes to life. We’re looking for a creative problem solver with a passion for gaming – someone who enjoys a challenge and is a constant advocate for game quality.
In this role you will:
· Work with content creators and other engineers to develop and deploy fun, innovative gameplay.
· Empower game designers and artists through rapid gameplay iteration and creation of top-notch tools.
· Assist in developing project plans and deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Utilize flexible, scalable patterns to ensure a high-quality multiplayer experience.
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Excellent software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, and 3D math
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
· 1+ year of professional C++ experience
· 2 years of game development experience on multi-discipline teams
· Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard or other 3D game engine development experience
· Working experience with server-authoritative applications