Amazon Games Studios is seeking an experienced Game UI Designer to join the New World team in Irvine, CA. New World is an MMORPG with tons of existing features and new features in development, and we need someone to join our team who can help us define, refine, and implement a stunning yet intuitive UI that will be familiar to MMO players, yet delightfully surprising. If you're the perfect candidate, you'll excel at the following day-to-day responsibilities:
· Translate wireframes and written designs into high-quality, high-polish art pieces that conform to our art direction and rise to the quality level customers expect in a AAA video game.
· Generate animated mock-ups showing how your designs move and respond to user interaction.
· Present designs with passion and clarity, and respond well to feedback.
· Follow, and help develop, the game's UI Style Guide and Design System documentation in order to achieve consistency and speedy implementation.
· Generate high-quality sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and other assets suitable for use in game software or for brand promotion and merchandising.
· Utilize scripting language to tune animations and layouts to perfection.
· 5+ years working on AAA video games
· 1+ shipped video game title
· A portfolio showing artwork and designs that you have personally created, both for your shipped games and personal / unshipped projects
· 5+ years professional experience with Photoshop and familiarity with an animation tool like After Effects
· You are willing to take a brief (~2 hour) at-home art test
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent
· Mastery of Photoshop and After Effects specifically
· Experience with 3D motion design, either in film or video games
· Very comfortable using a scripting language to implement animations, art assets, and layout fine-tuning in live software
· Deep love for MMORPGs and an understanding of what makes MMO UI design unique
· Can name at least 30 fonts by sight
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.