At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Artist to join our New World team. Amazon Games, Orange County is seeking a talented Environment Artist to work closely with the Environment Art Lead and concept artist team to create stunning game environments. In this role, you will be helping to craft and create our worlds. You will need to combine a strong aesthetic sense of visually interesting spaces with a solid understanding of level design.
· Create game art assets of exceptional quality
· Work with Art Team to ensure artistic unity with the entire project.
· Work with the Lead Environment Artist and Design Team to make harmonious gameplay.
· Excel at consistent aesthetic and technical quality throughout the asset pipeline.
· Optimize Assets for performance and memory.
· 3+ years’ experience in the game industry with at least 1 shipped AAA title or equivalent work in a related field.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
· Online Portfolio demonstrating hard-surface and organic modeling, material and lighting skills as well as foundational skills in composition, design, and color theory.
· 1+ years experience with level design layouts, compositions, and play spaces
· Highly Proficient in major 2D and 3D software packages (Max/Maya and Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop, Houdini)
· Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
· Familiarity with modular level construction
· Experience with Houdini
· Experiance with natural environments and terrains
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.