Amazon Game Studios is seeking an Economy Designer to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This position will design and oversee a free-to-play model for The Lord of the Rings.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company. When it comes to game design we put players first. We admire the radical accessibility of free-to-play games and we intend to couple it with incredible player value and generosity.
In this role you will be responsible for building, monitoring and tuning an in-game economy that is worthy of AAA gamers and respectful to the Lord of the Rings. You will oversee a vast treasure trove of gameplay data including itemization, currencies, progression curves and statistics. You will work with the Creative Director and lead Designers to extend the patterns they create and give players many years of growth and rewards to look forward to.
Who you'll be:
· An economy designer on a new title, reporting to the Creative Director
· A member of a small team of designers and analysts overseeing data-driven systems in the game
What you’ll do:
· Work with the Game Director and Creative Director to invent a free-to-play design for The Lord of the Rings
· Itemize the game, define stats and rewards, tune progression curves, and experiment with game modes
· Work with the Technical Director to build a game data pipeline for real-time monitoring and iteration
· Drive requirements for player sentiment & feedback collection
· Monitor, interpret and adjust the game in response to player behavior
· A passion for video games
· 5+ years of relevant experience in Economy Design, Product Management or a related area
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
· Work experience with free-to-play game design
· Encyclopedic knowledge of industry monetization models and outcomes
· Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem solving abilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to executive audiences
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.