Amazon Games is seeking a Data Scientist (DS) to work with our Automation, Tooling and Insights (ATI) team. The ATI team empowers games teams and their studios with platform services, automated tools, and game analytics. You will collaborate with a team of game developers, quality engineers, and business intelligence engineers to improve customer experiences using data for Amazon’s portfolio of online games and services.
The ATI team seeks to use data science methodologies to surface harder to detect quality issues and optimize the focus and efficiency of quality assurance teams. As a gaming insights platform, we will strengthen troubleshooting toolkits to assess content coverage, feature usage, localization, security, and content exploit issues. This understanding will improve the reported impact of balance, progression, economy and other aspects of game play. This is the opportunity to define the way we leverage player analytics to reinvent modern game quality assurance.
At Amazon, we see gaming as one of the largest entertainment forms on Earth. Major advancements in computing and communications have fueled tremendous growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, content creators and game developers of all sizes. At Amazon Games, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support unique online games brought to life by our game studios. Join us and you will have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology including AWS, Lumberyard, and Twitch to shape the future of gaming. Come work alongside talented industry veterans who love to create special gaming experiences for customers.
You are knowledgeable in a variety of data science methodologies for querying, processing, persisting, analyzing and presenting data. You design and implement scalable and reliable approaches to extract the best information possible from the data. In addition to metrics definitions, you learn the business context and technologies behind your team’s data infrastructure. You are comfortable with specialized modelling software (e.g., R, Matlab, or Stata) and have experience with a scripting language to scale your methods (e.g., Python). You assume responsibility for the code, queries, reports and analyses you inherit or produce. You get your analyses and code reviewed. You test your code by validating outputs against source data, business logic, and related metrics. You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with Amazon policies.
· Master’s of Science or equivalent in Statistics, Applied Math, Operational Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field.
· 3+ years of applied experience deploying scientific or machine learning methods to solve complex problems.
· Proficiency with a variety of modern machine learning methods.
· Proficient in a statistical modeling framework and scripting languages (e.g., R, Python).
· Passion for gaming in multiple genres and on multiple gaming platforms (PC, console, mobile, handheld).
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Twitch, or equivalent cloud platforms and streaming services.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
· Expertise in communicating insights from complex data to both scientific peers and business leaders through technical writing and visualization.