At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a Concept Artist to join the New World art team. As a Concept Artist, you will work with the Art Director and Lead Artist to help direct artists to create memorable environments and characters that are grounded in reality, exude personality and life. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, atmosphere and visual design to help develop an iconic visual style. Your knowledge of environment, character design, icons will provide the foundations which make the game world engaging, inspirational and believable.
In this role you will be working closely with a seasoned team of game developers where you can continue to grow and share your game development experience. We are looking for artists who can communicate effectively, problem solve, and raise the project’s technical and visual standards.
· Exceptional traditional and digital art skills
· Obsessive about look development and strong visual design process
· Excellent visual storyteller creating detailed, inventive, and believable worlds
· Ability to craft production drawings (turnarounds, layouts and isometric views) for characters, creatures and weapons.
· Effective collaborator, strong communicator and problem solver able to coordinate with creative internal and external teams
· 3+ years professional experience as a concept artist
· Portfolio that demonstrates style range, creativity and craftsmanship
· Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc
· A deep understanding of human and creature anatomy.
· A good eye for form, structure and shape in regards to design.
· Solid approach from ideation to final concepts
· Exceptional communication skills and strong collaborative spirit
· Ability to convey emotional intent through dramatic lighting and composition
· Ability to craft production concept work for environments
· Works effectively across all game development disciplines
· Knowledgeable about game industry trends and art styles
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Passionate about the end-to-end game experience and can design interface schemes and styles that heighten rather than distract from the user experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.