Are you a seasoned Community Manager with a passion for connecting the people who play video games with the people who make them? Are you a builder, ready to help shape a new community for a new game? Do you have a strong vision for what gaming communities need to be happy, healthy, and active? Amazon Game Studios in Irvine is looking for a Full Time Community Manager!
We are seeking a creative, high energy, collaborative, communicative, and FUN community pro for our team. This role is focused on player relations, advocacy, and engagement.
Community Management and Player Engagement
· Foster a positive, constructive, and communicative community of players that feel heard and appreciated
· Growing the core community in size and activity
· Facilitating vibrant, meaningful, and authentic two-way conversation with our community
· Managing the sentiment and engagement of that group
· Acting as the voice of the Game Team on our official forums and other select channels
· Participating in two way conversations with meaningful and high value contributions
· Creating engagement programs, activities, events, and groups with the goal of retaining and harnessing the passion, creativity, and resources of our community
· Organizing communications and activities to facilitate transparency and dialog between the Development Team and the player base
· Partnering with Moderation to push back on toxicity and ensure a safe, welcoming place for the community to grow
Player Advocacy and the Feedback Loop
· Building and maintaining a world class feedback loop between the people playing the game and the people making the game
· Working with your community, internal stakeholders, and leadership to deliver valuable customer and business insights
· Partnering with Data and Research to analyze and interpret feedback
· Partnering with the Game Developers to influence product change and future plans
· Participating in key design and product change discussions, leveraging a deep working understanding of player perspective and a product/gameplay expertise
· Delivering Qualitative and Quantitative reporting
· Using short and long form editorial to build transparency, communication, and trust with our community
· Acting as a contributing member of the editorial team
· Collaborating with multiple teams to deliver high quality patch notes
· Contributing to Developer Diaries, Blog Posts, Dev Interviews, Video Scripts, and website articles
· Partnering with the Content Manager to drive compelling Social Media campaigns and activity that resonate deeply with our audience
· 4+ years’ associated experience (Social Media/Community Management)
· 4+ years of Game Marketing experience
· Include a link to samples of your work that show experiences developing Community strategies and executing elements of those strategies.
· Passion for games preferred.
· Experience working with outside creative agencies and contractors.
· Strong interpersonal skills, positive, energetic and team oriented.
· Relentless commitment to quality and efficiency
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to travel
· Experience shipping at least 2 top-tier console or PC titles
· Understanding of live services and the complexities of running a live product.
· Passion and broad knowledge of project management
· Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
· Experience coordinating with content Quality Assurance and managing Localization
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.