Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Character Concept Artist to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This position will work with the Art Director to build a visual library of the characters and creatures that inhabit Middle-earth.
We’re seeking an art style for our game that is “different at a glance” from the games and movies that have come before us. We need an artist with bravery and artistic skills to help us do something new.
In this role you will have the huge responsibility of bringing a fresh interpretation to Tolkien's work. You will act as a bridge between the vision of the Art Director and the implementation team of character artists, tech artists and animators.
Who you'll be:
· A founding member of our Concept team, reporting to the Art Director
· The inventor of a new look for hundreds of much-loved characters and creatures
What you’ll do:
· Work with the Art Director to design the characters and creatures of The Lord of the Rings
· Iterate with the Art Director and Creative Director as you seek delightful and surprising interpretations of Tolkien's work
· Provide practical ortho images, call-outs and paintover renders to the art implementation team
· From time-to-time, use your artistic super powers to support marketing and production efforts
· Set the standard with your individual artistic skill, then as the project advances guide others to create high quality work.
· 5+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field
· 2+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or a related field, or equivalent work experience
· Online Portfolio demonstrating your skills
· A passion for video games
· Expert knowledge of Photoshop
· Experience working with outsource artists
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.