Amazon Game Studios is seeking a Character Animator to join our team in San Diego CA.This position will work with the Animation Director and Design Team on navigation, combat and cinematic storytelling for an upcoming game. We think “moment to moment fun” is the highest goal of any game. Core gameplay must be as exciting to watch as it is to play. We need an animator with the vision and clarity to achieve this goal.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
As a Character Animator you will collaborate with our Art Team, Design Team and Engineers to bring innovative gameplay to life at AAA quality in the Unreal Engine. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
What you do:
· Work with Animation Director and Design Team to invent, create and implement in game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exiting to watch.
· You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
· You’ll work on storytelling animations through in-game cinematics with camera, staging and facial animation.
· Set the animation art bar with your personal work.
· Work with our engineers and our technical artist to define and improve our animation pipeline.
· Help QA and Producers set realistic expectations for animation creation.
· 3+ years of experience in the games industry as an artist, or equivalent work in a related field
· 1+ shipped AAA game titles or equivalent work (e.g. live product development)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field, or equivalent work experience
· Online Portfolio demonstrating animation art skills and/or technical art skills such as rigging
· Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
· Excellent time management and work discipline.
· Expert knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unity, CryEngine, Unreal, or equivalent)
· Experience working with outsourcing
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.