Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic 3D Artist. In this role you will join an experienced team and contribute as a wrangler across many different areas of art production.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
The ideal candidate has a strong portfolio showing hard-surface 3D models and/or environments, materials, lighting, rigs and animations. You have a technical understanding of game engines such as UE4, Unity, and/or Lumberyard and how to implement your assets cleanly and easily. You possess strong communication skills and production sensibilities with experience working with outsourcing. You thrive in a fast paced environment and aim to create great games that push the boundaries of the next generation.
Day to day you'll work with our team to create and implement amazing visuals, prototype new and exciting features, be an advocate for the player, provide feedback to outsource vendors, and wear multiple hats.
· Work with the Art Director and other Art Leads to help set visual standards across the game
· Collaborate across disciplines to develop pipelines and process around delivering next generation content
· Have strong prioritization and written communication skills
· Able to switch hats when necessary to generate the largest impact during various phases of development
· Provide clear feedback on outsourced content ensuring standards are kept
· 3+ years professional experience with Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard or other game engine
· 1+ shipped title on console, PC or Mobile
· Professional experience with Maya, Max, Blender or other 3D package
· Professional experience with Substance, ZBrush or Marvelous Designer
· Professional 3D rigging and animation experience.
· Lighting, Rendering and material creation.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.